Wednesday, August 23, 2017

What inspired my interest in photography (Blog Post #1)


Growing up I've always looked skyward watching and looking for planes that may be lurking above. I spent the first 5 years of my life living in Malaysia. Air travel was a huge part of life living there as my family and I would hop on "jumbo" jets a couple times a year to make it back to the states and visit relatives. My interest grew from those times we flew, as I got to explore the plane and sit in the cockpit with the pilots truly peaking my curiosity.

By the time college came around I knew I was destined to be a pilot, and Rocky was the place for me. My interest in Photography peaked when I followed Jan Jasinski on Instagram. He is a fellow Avgeek as we aviation enthusiasts like to call ourselves. He captures the elegance and complexity of airplanes along with the scenery surrounding airports so well that I was instantly drawn to the art of it all. Almost a year ago, after plenty of research I purchased a camera to begin a new hobby, photography. More specifically aviation photography.

I have always loved aviation, and now with photography I am able to capture truly amazing moments. Growing my knowledge in photography will broaden my horizon and capture not only aviation shots, but the world around me as well.

Mike

https://www.photojan.ca/scl

No comments:

Post a Comment