Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Creative Blurs: Introducing a Sense of Motion


Outdoor Photographer is a great webpage I've come to find. For myself it's a great place to find tips and tricks for many different types of photography. One article I came across was of particular interest to myself, it talked about introducing creative blurs to instill a sense of motion. In much of wildlife photography the goal is to freeze motion as much as possible to capture the subject in a clean manner to highlight what is happening. What I learned and also found interesting is the potential to slightly blur a portion of the subject to introduce and show some motion in a single snap shot. This technique was done on the photo above; a Snow Owl was captured in flight, by using a slower shutter speed and with a focal point on the owls head the photographer was able to blur the fast moving wings really highlighting the bird in flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment